(no subject)
From: Sallie Carlson (wacsc11945yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 17:27:12 -0700 (PDT)

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Robert Ahrenkiel <gp-bob11 [at] att.net>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2021, 12:22:01 PM CDT

Hi All,  My son living in Oregon told me they are having a heatwave this weekend
so are heading for the Coast.  I hit the t.v. news channel and it showed Seattle, Wash.
Portland, Or. and Redding Calif. have forecasts of 113 DEGREES for Saturday.  T.v. said
it will break all past temp. records.
#1:  An interesting tidbit.  I have two guys refurbishing my front yard.  About 15 years
ago I ripped out all my front lawn.  Form 3 mounds of dirt surround by larger rocks
where I planted various trees and plants. Like a Japanese Maple with red bark, a palm
tree, Japanese Cherry tree and numerous flowers.  Then I laid the landscaping plastic
like sheets on all of the flat dirt portion the the yard and covered it with 2 inch to 4 inch
river rock.  We over the years the plastic sheets began to deteriorate and allowed weeds t
o come up between the rocks.   I was looking pretty bad to I hired these to guys to
remove all river rock, lay down new DOUBLE sheeting and replace the river rock.
Yesterday, one of the guys had been to Union City Home Depot that day trying to find
two laborers to help remove the rocks on my yard.  He saw an occupied booth where the
man was signing Hispanic laborers into a new Union.  My friend asked two men to work
on my yard for $25.00 per hour - Both refused.
Now does that give a hint of what the future has in store for California?